All Ready Janitorial Services provides top notch COVID-19 disinfecting services
COVID-19 disinfecting services are now part of our reality. All businesses and residential areas will now need to take protective measures to ensure people’s safety. However, this can be a challenge. Traces of the virus remain on surfaces for up to 17 days, and disinfecting for COVID-19 becomes a relatively complex task. In this situation, the easy way out is to ask a regular cleaning crew to just double down on their cleaning, or do a “deep clean”. The problem with this is that a regular cleaning crew isn’t equipped or experienced enough to completely disinfect a place to eliminate traces of the virus. Neither are they aware of the protocol for infectious disease cleaning. The protocol isn’t merely about using PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), cleaning chemicals that are EPA and OSHA approved, and standard cleaning precautions. Disposing of infectious waste requires a special license at the local and state levels.
If you think your home or workplace might be the scene of a COVID-19 infection, reach out to us at All Ready Janitorial Services for COVID-19 disinfecting services.
In times like these, it is essential to be prepared and be aware of disposal procedures to follow. In this regard, we’ve prepared guidelines for protective measures to follow in a number of settings.
COVID-19 Disinfecting Guidelines for Homes and Residential Areas
- Any used face masks, disposable gloves, and contaminated items should be placed in a lined container before their disposal with other waste.
- After disposal, make sure that you immediately wash your hands with soap or disinfect with an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Make sure you have a separate trash can (preferably lined) for any sick people. Use disposable gloves to handle that trash
For additional details, refer to CDC’s guidelines for the same.
COVID-19 Disinfecting Guidelines for Community Facilities
CDC has issued comprehensive guidelines in this regard. Some major guidelines to remember and follow are:
- Identify the equipment and resources you’ll need
- All visibly unclean surfaces have to be cleaned with soap prior to disinfection
- Use an EPA approved disinfectant only
- Make it a routine
COVID-19 Disinfecting Guidelines for Schools and Workplaces
- If somebody is ill, wear disposable gowns and gloves for all cleaning related tasks, including waste handling
- Conduct awareness sessions for all workers that perform laundry, cleaning and waste disposal tasks for COVID-19 symptoms
- Ensure that your cleaning staff is trained to properly discard PPE before assigning cleaning tasks
For detailed guidelines, refer to CDC’s guidelines for the same.
COVID-19 is a relatively new and unknown phenomenon. In such a scenario, the best thing to do is be as well prepared and informed as possible.
If you need to perform a COVID-19 disinfection at a residence or company, it is essential that you hire a company that has the proper licensing and experience to handle this. Otherwise, the consequences could actually be disastrous for all the people in that area. Always rely on a company like All Ready Janitorial Services that follows CDC, EPA, and OSHA approved processes and disinfectants.
At All Ready Janitorial Services, we follow a strict disinfection policy for all our mobile units, equipment, and waste storage units. We have strong COVID-19 disinfection protocols and have also acquired the necessary licensing to perform the cleanup.
Here are the major procedures that we adhere to when disinfecting an area with COVID-19
- We use CDC and EPA approved disinfectants with a broad kill spectrum
- We disinfect, clean, and properly dispose of any and all infected materials
- All our cleanup staff wear full-face respirator masks and fully encased PPE
- We have a strict demobilization policy for all our mobile units and waste disposal units